Sunday 16 December 2012

Irish Murphy's

This is a return visit to Irish Murphy's after my first parma outing there ended in being too far gone to remember what the meal was like the next day. We were going on a 12 Pubs of Christmas pub crawl and instead of starting on an empty stomach we visited Irish Murphy's for a meal. No jokes here, it was a warm day and we were hungry and Irish Murphy's was the perfect place to go. The beer was ice cold, the food came out quickly and the aircon was on nice and strong.

So how was the parm? Picture below.


The picture really doesn't do the parm justice, it was a lot nicer than my photography skills can show. As part of their $15 menu, you can't go wrong though. Options also include a side of veggies instead of salad and chips but I was having none of that.

Size: A medium to medium large size meal. There were enough chips to fill my up after I'd finished the parm without there being any wasting. The salad was also pretty well compacted into the little bowl too.

Chicken: Very nice chicken, slightly overcooked on the edges but not enough to detract from the meal. Uniform thickness throughout the chicken too.

Sauce: Tasty tomato sauce, not overpowering to underwhelming. Just enough to say "Hey, I'm here, but I'm not going to unbutton my shirt and hog the microphone".

Ham: Strips of ham, very nice. Like the sauce there wasn't too much or not enough. Just the right amount of ham.

Cheese: Awesome cheese and cooked perfectly. Like the other toppings the balance was just right. My only gripe here is the cheese didn't cover the whole parm. Was pretty close though, probably only two or three fork-fulls that were missing all three toppings.

Chips: In one word, perfect. The best chips I've had with a chicken parm meal since starting this blog. Crunchy beer battered chips, fluffy in the middle. Doesn't get any better than this.

Salad: For once, a nice salad. In a separate bowl, with what I've been lead to believe was a french dressing. Had a bite or two and passed it on to my better half. She finished it.

For $15 a chicken parm doesn't get better than this. Couple that with a nice atmosphere, relatively cheap beers and aircon blowing a winters chill into the dining area makes this the best chicken parm I've had since starting this blog.

I'm sorry Irish Murphy's for being too drunk the first time, but I am glad we went back.

-Dave the Mega-Parm

ps. I didn't get any cucumber in my beer this time. A big FU to MC and PS.

No comments:

Post a Comment